THEME FOR THE WEEK- My people
The second week we will pray for each other concerning all the people in our prayer partner's life and those they influence. Pray for people they love, people they know and people who need to discover a real relationship with Jesus.
Verse of the Day
2 Corinthians 5:16-20
"So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, 'Come back to God!'."
For some of us it may be difficult to view ourselves as equipped or qualified to be able to influence the people in our lives. Through our own eyes we may only see past mistakes or sin, short comings or wrong turns. But I am so grateful for Jesus and that through him we've been made new, fully righteous and fully equipped to be "ambassadors" for him to the world around us. Your salvation wasn't just for you, it was for the people that God has put in your life. It is "Christ in you, the hope of glory".
* Pray that your partner would have eyes to see themselves the way that Christ sees them
* Pray that they would seek forgiveness through Jesus to be able to walk fully righteous in Christ
* Pray that they would be filled with boldness and courage to deliver this "message of reconciliation" to the people around them
* Pray that would fully experience this new life that they have in Jesus
Prayers to Pray
* Jesus I pray that you would give _____ the eyes to see them self the way that you see them.
* Jesus I thank you for the new life that _____ has in you. And I ask that they would be filled with boldness and grace to walk fully in that new life today.
* Jesus help ______ live as an ambassador for you here in this world. Let _____ be a light and an influence wherever they go today.