The beginning of the year is a perfect time to step into a deeper relationship with God and people, and focus our prayers not just for the many, but also for the ONE. during these 21 days in January, everyone in Expression Church will have the opportunity to become a prayer partner and commit to pray for someone everyday.
This is how it works
- Grab a "21 Days of Prayer" card Sunday at church and fill it out with your name, phone number, and email address and give it to a prayer partner of your choice. Can't find a partner? Drop off your card at the Next Steps table and we'll make sure you're information is given to someone on our team. If you miss a Sunday and want to fill out a card as soon as possible, don't hesitate to email us with your information.
- For the next 3 weeks we'll be focusing on 3 different areas that we'll be praying for.
- "My Life" - During week one, we're praying for the life of our partner; their dreams, their goals, their thoughts, their actions. We're believing that all that they are, and everything about their life would be changed by the love of Jesus.
- "My People" - During week two, we're praying for the people in our partner's life; their spouse, their kids, the people they work with, their friends. Praying that God would use them to influence the lives of the people around them.
- "My City" - The last week, we will all be praying for our city, Austin. That God would give us ways to truly and radically change our city with His love, and that the people of Austin would come to church and experience Jesus.
Here's some Tips
- Use your partner's information to contact them during these next three weeks. Ask them for specific prayer requests and encourage them with faith and love.
- Find a specific time every day that you can pray for your partner. Maybe it's while you're driving to work. Maybe it's before you go to bed. Even if it's only in the 30 seconds you're sitting at that red light, God hears your prayers.
- We believe that during these 21 Days God is going to do miracles in your life and in the life of your Prayer Partner and we'd love to hear about them! Submit a praise report below telling us about what God has done.
- Lastly, make sure you download the Expression Church App so that you can be following along with our daily blog posts of scriptures and prayers for your partner.