THEME FOR THE WEEK- My people
The second week we will pray for each other concerning all the people in our prayer partner's life and those they influence. Pray for people they love, people they know and people who need to discover a real relationship with Jesus.
VERSE OF THE DAY
Hebrews 12:1&2 (NLT)
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith”
In reading this verse you can feel all of heaven cheering us on in our faith. In order for our faith to grow it needs a clear path in which to mature. This verse says, “let us strip off every weight and sin that trips us up.” Weights have many faces and names…unforgiveness, resentment, guilt or shame. As we throw off these things we realize that it is Christ who has set us free from the weights and shame of sin. We are able to run and run freely the race that God set before us because of our newfound freedom in Christ.
• To realize they are not running alone but part of a history of faith. If God has been faithful to others he will be faithful to them.
• Courage to get rid of the weights they carry by forgiving themselves and others.
• Pray that sin would no longer be their master but through repentance, they would be free from its hold on their life.
• That they would discover the race God has for them to run and run it with purpose and conviction.
PRAYERS TO PRAY
• Jesus, I ask that you would show______________ that they are not alone. God you have been so faithful to so many and you will be faithful to them.
• Jesus, give __________ the courage to not hold on to unforgiveness any longer. I pray they would release forgiveness and walk in hope again.
• Break the hold of sin and its allure on ___________’s life. Help them find the freedom Christ freely gives through repentance.
• Jesus I pray for no more heaviness in ___________’s life. God help them discover what their purpose is and run the race you have set for their life.