THEME FOR THE WEEK- “My City”
The third week we will pray together for our city and the area in which we live. Pray for opportunities to impact it, pray for our city officials and leaders. Pray for people in this city to come to church and experience Jesus.
VERSE OF THE DAY
"Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
Then you will find favor with both God and people,
and you will earn a good reputation."
All of us desire “favor” and a “good reputation”. Favor is when things just work out and doors open easily. Solomon, in these verses indicates that favor and a good reputation are a result of Loyalty and Kindness. Loyalty is the idea that you don’t just jump ship when something better comes along. We stick with people even when they don’t stick with us, stay the coarse even when others leave and we defend when others won’t. Kindness is not just being “nice” but is seeing the value in that which God values. It’s not just an action we do but it's a heart position we choose. Loyalty and Kindness are keys for us to move in the direction toward helping the people around us. These attributes demonstrate the heart of God to people, even when they don’t deserve it. We want favor in our city! We want God to open doors for us so that we can influence people for Christ. So we will bind Loyalty and Kindness to our hearts.
• Pray that God would show us how loyal He is to us so we can demonstrate that loyalty to others.
• Pray that God would give us opportunities to show kindness. That we would show people the heart of God by demonstrating kindness.
• Pray that we would have favor in all of our dealings so we can impact our city and influence people for Jesus.
• Pray that we would desire a good reputation over position.
PRAYERS TO PRAY
• Father we thank you that you are loyal to us. Help us to defend, stick with, and help those you have put around us.
• Jesus we thank you that it is your kindness that brought us to you. We ask that as we go about in our city you would give us opportunities to be kind like you have been kind to us.
• Father we pray for favor in all we do. We need favor with you and favor with people so that we can influence this city and point people toward you.
• Father we ask that you would help us pursue a good reputation rather then just a good position. We want to make your name famous, not ours.