THEME FOR THE WEEK- “My City”
The third week we will pray together for our city and the area in which we live. Pray for opportunities to impact it, pray for our city officials and leaders. Pray for people in this city to come to church and experience Jesus.
Verses Of The Day
1 Peter 2:4-5
"You are coming to Christ, who is the living cornerstone of God’s Church. He was rejected by people, but he was chosen by God for great honor. And you are living stones that God is building into his Church. What’s more, you are his holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God."
"The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ's body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence."
Over the last few days we have been praying large lofty prayers for our city and the people in it. We've been praying for sick to be healed, lost to be found, and for every person to find hope and salvation. These are amazing prayers and they are one's that we stand in faith believing God can and will answer! But have you thought about how God will answer these prayers and bring about these things in our city? It's most definitely by the power of Jesus but we must realize that it's through His Church. God's plan has been and always will be the Church of Jesus Christ. So God's plan for you is not separate or detached from the Church, His plan for you is about you fulfilling your destiny in order to build up the Church.
* Pray that THE Church in Austin would take it's central place in influence, creativity, love, and acceptance
* Pray that there would be unity within the body of Christ, that those who do not know Jesus would be able to see Him through our love for one another.
* Pray that your prayer partner would see their destiny and how it's meant to be attached to the church, not separate from it.
*Pray that our Church would continue to grow in influence, strength, and compassion so that we may effectively reach out City for Jesus.
Prayers to Pray
* God I thank you that you have chosen us be apart of your Church that is reaching our city. Give us a greater love and appreciation for your church and your people.
* Jesus I ask that there would be unity and power within the separate churches of Austin. I ask that there wouldn't be an "Us and Them" mentality but that we would see ourselves as ONE body with ONE mission.
*Father I pray that you would speak to _____ today about their calling and role in building your church. I thank you that the Church is big enough for them to be able to fulfill their calling and destiny within it.
*God I thank you for Expression Church and your hand upon it.