THEME FOR THE WEEK- “My City”
The third week we will pray together for our city and the area in which we live. Pray for opportunities to impact it, pray for our city officials and leaders. Pray for people in this city to come to church and experience Jesus.
VERSE OF THE DAY
John 4:7-42 (NLT)
"Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink… If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.”…The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, “Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?”…So the people came streaming from the village to see him.
Many Samaritans from the village believed in Jesus because the woman had said, “He told me everything I ever did!” When they came out to see him, they begged him to stay in their village. So he stayed for two days, long enough for many more to hear his message and believe. Then they said to the woman, “Now we believe, not just because of what you told us, but because we have heard him ourselves. Now we know that he is indeed the Savior of the world.”
This incredible story of Jesus and the women at the well demonstrates the significance of every moment and you never know how a person will respond to the Gospel. Jesus, when he was tired and hungry from his journey stopped and showed compassion on someone who didn’t deserve it. That moment of Jesus looking past his hunger and tiredness and choosing to show compassion brought about so many turning to Jesus. As we go about our day lets ask God for divine encounters with people to show his love. You never know, they may be the very person that is destined to bring about a major move of God in our city.
• That we would not be so busy and preoccupied that we would miss the one God has in front of us to show compassion to.
• That the Holy Spirit would give us the words to speak that would unlock people's hearts.
• Pray that your prayer partner would respond and bring many with them to Jesus.
• Pray our city would see revival!! Revival is when a lot of people come to Jesus in a short amount of time.
PRAYERS TO PRAY
• Jesus, help us to see the person you have put in front of us the way you see them.
• Holy Spirit, give us the words that would unlock their heart and mind for the good new of Jesus Christ.
• Lord we pray they would respond to our acts of love, our conversations and allow you to move in their heart. And may they be the very person that brings about revival in this city.
* Father we declare in Jesus' name that 2019 is the year of revival in Austin Texas! Use us God to bring salvation to not only a few but to the many.