THEME FOR THE WEEK- “My City”
The third week we will pray together for our city and the area in which we live. Pray for opportunities to impact it, pray for our city officials and leaders. Pray for people in this city to come to church and experience Jesus.
VERSE OF THE DAY
2 Timothy 2:1-4
"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth."
Paul, urges young Timothy to understand that our prayers make a difference. They are not isolated but actually have a far-reaching impact in the world. Our prayers when connected to a global perspective bring about change in areas that we ourselves couldn’t physically influence. Prayers for specific presidents and leaders can create a peaceful environment that allows the gospel to move unhindered. God wants everyone to be saved and understand the truth, not just the people we like or agree with. Paul connects our prayers to living on “mission” and so our prayers should reflect that. MISSION- to reach every person with the reality of God’s love by helping them respond to who Jesus is. To help them discover who they are by His grace and begin to live on purpose through His Spirit. Our prayers should always be bigger than our means and they should always reflect the heart of God; that He desires first and foremost for every person to be saved, and receive His love and salvation through Christ Jesus.
• Pray for our president; pray for him like you would for a good friend not an enemy. Pray for wisdom and strength and for good advice from those around him.
• Pray for those who are in leadership in government and in businesses. That they would lead in a way that builds peace and free market ideas.
• Pray for leaders who are currently creating negative environments. Pray that they would experience the love of God and understand how to lead others in a positive way.
• Pray for peace in our nation, our state and our city. Pray for a peaceful work environments so that new ideas can grow and the gospel can be shared.
PRAYERS TO PRAY
• Jesus I pray today for our president and the one to come. God I pray You would bless them and allow Your love to influence them. I pray You would speak to them and protect them so that he may influence people for You. I pray that You would give them wisdom and understanding to lead this nation.
• Father I pray for _________'s work place. I pray that You would shift the environment to one of peace and make it a place new ideas would grow. That Your love would influence those around _________.
• Jesus we thank You for Austin and we pray for those that lead here in Austin in the government and business. We pray they would know You and lead in ways that bring peace and hope to those around them.
• Lord we pray for the gospel to reach everyone in this city. We declare in the name of Jesus that in this city, it is easy for people to get saved, easy for them to go to church and easy for them to be healed!