THEME FOR THE WEEK- My people
The second week we will pray for each other concerning all the people in our prayer partner's life and those they influence. Pray for people they love, people they know and people who need to discover a real relationship with Jesus.
VERSE OF THE DAY
“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Jesus makes a statement that reverberates throughout time and space and it beckons to all, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heaven burdens.” Jesus cuts through all of the rhetoric and calls us directly to him. "Stop wondering, stop guessing, stop carrying it all and allow Me to take it from you." Rest is not just an idea but a gift we receive when we truly surrender to Jesus. We must learn to trust Him to carry what we can’t on our own and give us the ability (yoke) to change that which we can- that is real Rest.
• Pray that they go to Jesus. That Jesus isn’t just something we talk about on Sunday but their real Savior and burden carrier.
• That every heavy thing they carry, pray they would be able to release it. Many times we carry things around so long we don’t know how to let them go.
• Declare rest as a real thing that Jesus gives. Pray for rest in their mind, rest in their emotions, rest in their heart and rest in their body.
• Pray they begin to learn from Jesus and grow in their ability to see what they should or shouldn’t carry.
PRAYERS TO PRAY
• Jesus I pray that ________ would go to you and see you as their Savior and burden carrier.
• Lord help __________, give to you that which weighs them down and allow them to surrender. Help _________ to trust you everyday.
• Father I ask for rest upon _________ in every area of their life. When they sleep, they sleep soundly, when they are awake, they walk in peace.
• Lord help ________ to learn from you and understand what you want them to change.